Overrides

Leah Smaller leah at compulite.com
Sun Jun 15 01:34:40 PDT 2008

Being compulsive and also having had an excellent trainer (Sholom Peretz),

I never use manual overrides for formatting. But I have noticed that when the last word (right before the pilcrow) has a special character format, the pgf name is shown with an asterisk . This asterisk, of course, signifies a format override for that specific paragraph. If I leave a blank space between the last word and the pilcrow, the asterisk does not appear.

Why does this issue bother me ?
1) I don't like a perfectly good pgf, with no overrides, displayed as if there are overrides.
2) Leaving a blank space between the character formatted word and the pilcrow is not a good workaround because spell checker picks it up as "extra space" and that adds many more mouse clicks to the workday.

Comments? Solutions?

Have a good week,
Leah Smaller
Technical Communicator
Certified Feldenkrais Method practitioner
leah at compulite.com

"What you truly learn best will appear to you later as your own discovery." (Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais)