[framemaker-dita] Modularised EDDs?

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Mon Mar 10 14:20:39 PDT 2008

At 10:05 PM 2/26/2008, Hedley Finger wrote:
>Is there any way to create a modularised EDD, with a skeleton host
>file and modules imported as text insets?

Hedley,
   In my earlier post to this thread, I neglected to mention that
FrameMaker treats the element tag SGMLFragment specially. This element type
is unwrapped when it is the root of a text inset. Unfortunately, through FM
7.2, there were bugs in this implementation and if such an SGMLFragment had
more than one child, FM could crash. I have not tested this feature in FM 8.
         --Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com           http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505     cell phone: (510) 421-2284