Page numbers

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 14:57:57 PST 2008

Nina,

There are a couple ways to do this.... Here's the one that I prefer:

Assuming you want this same style of numbering to ripple into your
TOC, on the Master pages of Appendix A, open the CurrentPageNumber
system variable that's probably in the footer already. You want to
modify the definition to include either the <$chapnum> or <$volnum >
building block and your hypen in front of the pagenum building clock.
Save the modified variable and save the file.

In the book file, select  Appendix A, right click, and select
Numbering and then either Chapter or Volume, depending on which
building block you chose in the previous step. Set the numbering to
start with A and be Alphabetic. Adjust the page numbering if need be
while you're in there. Apply and Save.

Save the book file and then update. Check Appendix A to make sure it's
numbering correctly.

If it is, Import Formats > Variables into the other Appendix files.
Save them. In the book file, repeat the numbering step, but set them
to Alphabetic and to increment. Apply and Save and update.

Art

Art Campbell
                          art.campbell at gmail.com
                                                      No disclaimers apply.