Offtopic: Questionnaire about documentation

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 04:52:14 PST 2008

For each question, I'd ask them to specify a number in the range 1-5 from
"Strongly Agree" to Strongly Disagree." Also, I'd include an option for them
tell you that they don't care or the question doesn't apply.

And finally, one of the most important parts of preparing a survey or
questionaire is testing it on half a dozen people, ideally customers, before
you send it out. After they fill it our and you talk with them a bit, you'll
find out quite a bit about how you should rephrase questions and what else
you should be asking.

If I were you, I'd use a free/cheap survey web site to run it, so it's quick
and easy for the people to fill out and painless for you to interpret.
surveymonkey.com is popular in the states.

Finally, be aware that your survey isn't going to give you an accurate read
on what customers want... it's going to survey customers that have both the
time and interest to respond.... which is still worth doing.

Art

Art Campbell
                    art.campbell at gmail.com
 "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and a
redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                     No disclaimers apply.
                                                              DoD 358