Problem with run-in heads

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Thu Sep 18 09:57:28 PDT 2008

Roger,

I recall seeing this problem on FM 7.0, although it wasn't related
specifically to run-in heads, but to having any heading in the first
column-- and, offhand, I can only remember it happening when the very first
line of the first column was a heading. I can't find a document exhibiting
the behavior right now. I am on FM8, now, and maybe it's no longer an issue.
But I did find a note I made on solving the problem:

"Unchecking the Fixed Line Spacing checkbox fixes the column alignment
problem, but then text containing superscripts and subscripts causes
problems with line spacing instead."

Maybe that will help point your toward a fix, but be aware that I may have
made other changes that affected the behavior, after I made the above note.

Mike Wickham