FM9 - Format Change Liste and Paragraph Tags

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Wed Apr 1 07:36:12 PDT 2009

Wim,
   I have just done a test in both FM8 and FM9 and confirmed that format
change lists are correctly applied even in an element that assigns a
paragraph format. The order of the format rules in such cases is important.
Make sure that the rule that applies the paragraph format precedes the one
that applies the format change list--otherwise the paragraph format will
reset all properties specified in the format change list.
         --Lynne

At 01:04 AM 4/1/2009, Wim Hooghwinkel - idtp wrote:
>Framers,
>
>FM9, WindowsXP -
>
>for a docbook-XML based application I have to modify the EDD. In most cases
>I use Paragraph Tags for formatting. Now I noticed that a Format Change List
>doesn't work on elements that have been assigned a paragraph tag. (I want to
>generally indent the contents of a container element without having to
>define all new para tags). The Format Change lists works with elements that
>don't have a special tag applied (i.e. Body). I've never encountered this
>before, or didn't notice it, is it normal behaviour? (I didn't try to
>reproduce in FM8 yet, I work on site and my client only has FM9 installed)
>

>Kind regards, vriendelijke groet,
>
>Wim Hooghwinkel
>
>Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in FrameMaker
>
>iDTP
>
>International DTP and Documentation Consultancy
>
>tel. +31652036811
>  <mailto:info at idtp.eu> info at idtp.eu
>www.idtp.eu

>or visit
>http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/lprice%40txstruct.com
>
>Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com. Visit
>http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284