Cross-ref formats

William Abernathy william at inch.com
Tue Aug 4 12:59:50 PDT 2009

Book titles are italicized, but chapter titles (and titles of book sections,
figures, tables, etc.) are normally set in quotes. Italicizing these features is
a bad hack, putting the needs of the writer ahead of those of the user.

I'm curious: could your two-template approach be automatable using structure and
some special DTD magic?

--William