Switching to RoboHelp for large-scale Frame-to-HTML Help Project

Matt Sullivan matt at grafixtraining.com
Fri Dec 11 13:55:21 PST 2009

This list *consistently* proves there is no "best" for many FM tasks, but
simply a "best with given parameters".

I think it's the same with a Help conversion tool.

As with all our tools, there are pro's and con's that must be weighed
including available:
-time
-budget
-expertise in
	-scripting
	-css
	-html

If you have lots of time, but little budget (and a bit of inner-techie),
MIF2GO seems to be quite an elegant solution.
Certainly no one here will argue Jeremy's commitment to ensure the success
of MIF2GO installations!

If you have TCS2, or budget to upgrade, then RoboHelp gives you an
integrated solution, as well as options for managing integrated swf and 3d
objects.
For those who can use a new version of Acro, Captivate, or Photoshop, the
TCS2 upgrade (especially with a maintenance contract) is a compelling
solution.

Personally, I like the extent to which I can leverage the integrated
components of the TCS solution. I appreciate the improved mapping in the
TCS2 version, and (hopefully with the help of US beta testers) look forward
to better more intuitive labeling in future releases. I've helped lots of
folks get their projects out the door, and have enjoyed the process.

Now I'm off to pay my maintenance contract (expiring in 2 weeks...), and to
prep for a TCS integration consult.

-Matt

Matt Sullivan
GRAFIX Training