Switching to RoboHelp for large-scale Frame-to-HTML Help Project

Jim Owens jowens at magma.ca
Mon Dec 14 06:29:01 PST 2009

"Lots of time" might be overstating it. Every new tool requires time to
learn and set up.  Getting working help from Mif2Go doesn't take very
long at all -- maybe a couple of days to figure out what you need to do,
and then do it. Customizing the output to your presferences takes
longer. With Mif2GO you do have scripting options, so you can take your
customizations as far as you want -- which needs time, it's true.

I agree that Mif2GO requires a better grasp of CSS and HTML. If you're a
documentation professional charged with generating Help, you should be
familiar with these technologies.