Something that makes no sense in spell check

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 22 09:27:40 PST 2009

At 10:23 -0500 22/12/09, Stuart Rogers wrote:

>Have you tried saving as MIF and then examining the MIF file in a plain text editor?  Search for the text surrounding the problem area and see if there's anything unusual.  You might be able to do a find/replace operation within the text editor if you uncover some weird characters.

No: great idea. [Does that...] Here is the relevant bit of text, complete with the cross-reference and the table anchor that follows it. The spell checker stops between the words 'shown in' and the figure reference.

There is nothing odd that I can see here, but I'm not an expert at reading MIF. Turning on display of non-printing characters shows nothing odd either.

Which is odd...

  <ParaLine
   <String `channels shared by client and server. The remote procedure call can therefore implement '>
  > # end of ParaLine
  <ParaLine
   <String `the interface shown in '>
   <XRef
    <XRefName `Figure'>
    <XRefSrcText `51945: FigureTitle: Figure 5.26:'>
    <XRefSrcIsElem No>
    <XRefSrcFile `'>
    <XRefLastUpdate  1261493773 0>
    <Unique 1042923>