wrestling with referenced graphics pointers

Ben Hechter bhechter at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 08:53:59 PST 2009

Hi,

Wondering if folks have thoughts on how adding the date to a document directory name each time a draft is archived could impact the pathname of the referenced graphics.

Seems like I've had some cases where the referenced graphics pointers get lost because the folder name has changed, and other cases where the referenced graphics pointers remain accurate, or am I imagining this?

For project reasons, the archived copy needs to open without errors, so re-homing the graphics directory after the fact is not an option.

Thanks for any wisdom from the collective guru!

Ben

Ben Hechter
bhechter at objectives.ca
www.semitake.com