Save As not working with Acrobat Pro 9.0- issue still not resolved

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Mon Jul 6 07:49:54 PDT 2009

Garnier Garnier wrote:

> Hello Listers,
>
> Wanted to mention that:
>
> As suggested by one of the listeres,
>
> I removed all Adobe products from my machine including the
> registries.
>
> Installed FM 7.0 with distiller 5.0 Then I attempted to install
> Acrobat Editor and Reader but failed because Acrobat keeps prompting
> to remove distiller 5.0. It does not allow me to proceed with the
> installation. How do I resolve this?

Garnier,

Dov Isaacs of Adobe has frequently and adamantly advised that only ONE
installation of Acrobat OR Reader OR Distiller should ever be put on a
single PC.  Here's a quotation from the archives:

"Although (very unfortunately), it is PHYSICALLY possible to
have multiple versions of Adobe Acrobat concurrently installed,
concurrent versions of Adobe Reader concurrently installed, or
some combination of versions of both Acrobat and Reader installed,
the truth is that the architecture of these programs and the
underlying operating system services used by same really only
fully supports installation of only one version of EITHER Adobe
Acrobat or Adobe Reader on one system at one time.... [T]here are a
tremendous number of problems reported to
Adobe that are suddenly cleared up when the user's systems are
scraped of all concurrent versions of Acrobat and Reader, replaced
by a single version of one or another. (Note that by "Acrobat" I
mean any and all pieces of it including the Distiller, the AdobePDF
PostScript printer driver instance, and the viewing program!)"

I suggest that you uninstall everything again, then reinstall Framemaker
but do NOT allow it to install Distiller.  Then install Acrobat (I
assume you mean Acrobat Standard or Pro -- I don't know of a program
called "Acrobat Editor") and do NOT install Reader.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator