Importing HTML files into FrameMaker 8.p257 or thereabouts: some questions

Shell, Robert rshell at iafrica.com
Thu Jul 9 04:10:30 PDT 2009

Hi Framers:
I have a huge and thankless job of preparing and indexing many thousands of
poorly scanned documents from HTML into FM for professional use. I do not
think there are many shortcuts, but I wonder if there is some way to import
the html text and or tables so that they can be placed in FM tables *more or
less* as they first appeared. I have looked at the FM manuals, but this
procedure seems to be a will o' the wisp. The www claims there are filters,
but the urls expired a long time ago. Maybe I am missing something?
I am so thankful for this list!
Rob Shell