FM 8/9 doesn't show joboptions

Stephan Will st.will at mk-will.de
Wed Jul 8 09:29:08 PDT 2009

Hello Framers,

for two days now FrameMaker 8.0.4 and 9.0.2 doesn't show my distiller
joboptions (Acrobat 9.1.2 / Vista 64 sp1) when I open the PDF settings
dialog (either from the menu or the print dialog).
Error message (german) "Keine PDF-Auftragsoptionen verfügbar" (No
PDF-joboptions available).

I have done repair installations of Acrobat 9 (two times) and FrameMaker
8 (once), no changing of behaviour.

The problem occured after my uninstall of Acrobat 8 (yes I know, that I
should not have installed different versions of Acrobat at the same time).
But I hadn't any problems as long as Acrobat 8 and 9 were installed, BUT
as I uninstalled Acrobat 8 the problem started.

So maybe someone can help me with a hint what the problem is.

I have no idea, because the distiller works perfect with its joboptions
and all other software does as well.
The joboption-files are placed in the correct folder.

As I am on the digest-mode, please put my email in the cc-field of your
answer. Thank you.

Best regards
Stephan