Can no longer "Print to" Adobe PDF using FrameMaker 8.0p277

Kathy Wells kwells77 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 21:28:13 PDT 2009

Have been happily able to "Print" to an Adobe PDF printer definition
for months on my laptop and all of a sudden (in the throws of a release,
of course), this quit working. Only out of FrameMaker--I can still
generate a PDF from other applications (for example, Word and Excel).

File > Print Book starts up, but does not prompt me as it normally did for
a file name and location. Then nothing--the PDF file is not created.

Sent an email to Adobe Support and they told me to go pound
sand unless I want to pay :-(. I'd even consider this, but I do not feel
all that positive they would assist me and solve the issue in a timely
manner if at all.

Using Vista Ultimate virus :-(
Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.1.5

I uninstalled and reinstalled both Acrobat and FrameMaker and also deleted
the Adobe PDF printer just to make sure it would be created anew. After
doing this, I can again print to a .ps file (which also was not
working) and then
generate using Distiller, but I am still frustrated and puzzled that
File > Print
Book to the Adobe PDF converter just stopped working :-(.

Any help would be sooooo appreciated.

Kathy