Translations or Localisation of Framemaker content

Diane Gaskill dgcaller at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 6 03:55:20 PST 2009

Hi Fred,

You need to hire an LSP (localization service provider - AKA translation
vendor) to do the work for you.  You will likely hear from a number of
people on the list telling you to use the translation vendor they use
because the vendor worked ok for them.  While there is nothing wrong with
checking out the recommended vendors, your best chance of success is to use
the same criteria to hire a translation vendor as you would use to hire a
technical writer.  Do they have technical knowledge and experience in your
industry?  Do they have experience translating documents similar to yours
from English to Russian?  And that's just the tip of the iceberg.  I'll send
you detailed information offline.

Diane Gaskill
Hitachi Data Systems