Off topic - three general documentation questions

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 05:43:59 PDT 2009

Ian,
In general, from a professional tech writer viewpoint, I think the
first two ideas suck, but to go a little further, you didn't really
provide enough info:
 * what is the goal of the redo?
 * what standard or style guide are you following that presents these
suggestions, or which are you going to follow?
 * what audience do you write to
 * what kind of guides are you producing? Software / hardware,
installation, administration, user, something else?

As for the third idea, why have blank pages in a PDF at all? If it's
so people can print a book traditional fashion... that may be the real
question -- if that's useful, or required, or something else. In any
case, I'd simply eliminate the blanks before I labeled them unless
they are required AND a label is required by a standard.

Cheers,
Art

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com