Difficulty Creating a TOC

ecidade at zoominternet.net ecidade at zoominternet.net
Fri May 29 08:33:13 PDT 2009

 I'll keep developing the content and when that's done go back and
tweak with the TOC problem....
 thanks to all.....and keep the suggestions coming...most
appreciated.
 On Fri 29/05/09 11:46 , Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com sent:
 Since those are para tags and not variables, Fred's solution is also
 what I'd do.
 There seems to be another problem though, in the order in which the
 paratags are read in the TOC, because your example shows them out of
 order. To fix that, I believe all you need to do is re-order the
 strings in the Contents block on the Reference page, but you'd need
 test that.
 *** You may want to make a backup copy of your TOC file before you
 start making the mods...***
 Art
 Art Campbell
                                                       No disclaimers
apply.
                                                                DoD
358
 On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Fred Ridder  wrote:

 > I've done this kind of thing many times to pick up the name and
description of function calls from separate paragraphs in API
documentation. It's quite simple, although a bit obscure.

 > If your two paragraphs have tags Para1 and Para2 in the text, your
TOC will contain paragraphs Para1TOC and Para2TOC. The key step to
attaining what you want is to define the Para1TOC tag to be a Run-In
Head (on the Pagination tab of the Paragraph Designer). On the TOC
reference page of the TOC file, you'll want to include the  building
block only in the Para2TOC prototype paragraph and also set an
appropriate tab in the corresponding paragraph format definition.

http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/docudoc%40hotmail.com