FrameMaker 8 installation files downloadable anywhere?

Gary Schnabl gSchnabl at SWDetroit.com
Fri Sep 11 17:55:41 PDT 2009

Syed.Hosain at aeris.net wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> My old laptop is not functioning and I need to migrate to a new one that
> is now on my desk.
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot find my FrameMaker 8 disks anywhere (although I
> have the license info printed and saved away luckily) ... is there any
> place on the Adobe web site that I can use to download the installation
> file?
>
> I can only see the FrameMaker 9 file on their site, but since I am not
> yet using that ... unfortunately, it will not work.
>
> Help!

The oxymoronic customer support people should provide those files for
you to download.

At least that is what they told me in their Indian English
accents--twice--that I would be able to download earlier installers of
FrameMaker. They said that I would receive emails to that effect--from
two different customer support people at Adobe. And I am still waiting...

Gary