Adobe information on conditional text enhancements in 8.x / 9.x, feedback, compatibility issues

Melissa Clark melissa.s.clark at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 16:30:12 PDT 2010

Hi,
I'm currently using Adobe FrameMaker 7.2.

I'd like to upgrade to Adobe FrameMaker 9.x but am seeking more information
first (for upgrade justification to management).  I seem to recall that
there was a whitepaper or other explanation type of document (written by
Adobe) that described the BOOLEAN style conditional text setting
enhancements that were done in FM 8.x.  Does anyone happen to know where I
can get that document (or another similar one applicable to 9.x?)?

Does anyone know whether FM documents are completely compatible (open fine
without down saving) between 8.x and 9.x?  I seem to recall there's an
incompatibility issue (which means files have to be down saved) between 5.x
and 7.x and again between 7.x and 9.x but am wondering if the same issue
exists between 8.x and 9.x.

I'd also appreciate any general feedback (positive OR negative) that people
want to share on FM 9.x.

Thanks,
Melissa