problems with long URLs in PDFs

Lief Erickson lief at networkinstruments.com
Tue Apr 20 08:50:39 PDT 2010

Hi Jakob--

When you add the URL in FrameMaker are you then adding a "Go to URL" Hypertext marker through Special > Hypertext > Go to URL? If you do that, then apply a character tag to the text, the link should work, even if it breaks across lines because it is the character tag that becomes the link. I've never add any problems with any URLs I've added using Special > Hypertext. I've never relied on Acrobat to create my URL links for me, so I can't comment on that.

If you are using Special > Hypertext, have you tried adding " " around URLs with special characters?

-Lief