Replacing special character "single quote"

Michael Pearson mt_pearson at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 16 04:08:01 PST 2010

Hi Verner,

With the Use Wildcards checkbox selected:

To find a single straight quote use: \"
To find a single straight quote at the beginning of a word use:\"\<     (WARNING: This will find and select the first character in the word, so can't be used to automatically Find/Change all of the items that should be open quotes.)
To find a single straight quote at the end of a word use: \>\"     (WARNING: This will find and select the last character in the word, so can't be used to automatically Find/Change all of the items that should be close quotes.)
To replace with a straight double quote use: "
To replace with a curly open quote use: \`
To replace with a curly close quote use: \'

Unfortunately, FM simply doesn't have the regular expression type capabilities you likely need to do a global, automatic Find/Change in your circumstance, but the above should get you close. I resort to FrameScript & RegEx when I find myself in this uncomfortable position.

HTH,
Mike