Links not working: Frame 8 to PDF to external file

Tina Ricks tina at trialguides.com
Thu Dec 23 09:28:22 PST 2010

Hi everyone, and thanks for all the help. I'll see if I can answer some
questions:

The front end, the giant Frame book, is 600 pages of academic papers. It's
way more than a TOC. A handful of those papers (about 10) have associated
PowerPoint slides that are also included on the CD.

I don't think I have a complete path in my FM links, although I might. I can
take this structure (Giant PDF plus attachments folder) and move it to other
locations on my machine (USB drive, etc.) and the links work.

When I move the files, they are in the same relative location on Computer
#2.

If I click the attachments separately on Computer #2, they open. The .pps
file extension seems to work on Computer #2.

The whole construction (giant PDF and Attachments folder) works on Computer
#3. The links work from the PDF to the attachments.

Maybe this is some kind of odd technical issue with Computer #2. However.
since this is going on a CD that will be replicated for several thousand
conference attendees (many of which are strikingly non-technical) I need to
figure out why this works on some machines and not others.

Thanks so much.

Tina

Tina Ricks | Managing Editor | Trial Guides

Tina at trialguides dot com

office: 503.531.3233

cell: 503.890.5536

http://www.trialguides.com <http://www.trialguides.com/>