Tempaltes

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Tue Feb 2 11:51:26 PST 2010

> If anyone comes across a "booklet" template, could they pass along the
> link to me? I've looked to no avail.

I haven't seen a template, but it is possible to set up such a file in FM. I
just tried and, though I didn't see a way to do it in master pages, I was
able to quickly create a 4-page fold-and-staple book:

1. Create the number of pages you need in the document.
2. Create a master page with no text frames on it.
3. Assign this master page to each page in the book, leaving blank pages.
4. Manually draw two text frames on each body page.
5. Assign Flow A to the first text frame (as it will print, not as it is in
the file).
6. Manually connect the text frames in the convoluted order they need to
print properly.
7. Save document for future template use.

FrameMaker will now move the cursor correctly between text frames as you
insert content. Pages will be out of order on screen, but print correctly
for folding and stapling.

It should be noted that true imposition software not only moves pages around
so that they appear in the proper order when printed and folded, it also
moves the text boxes a bit left or right, depending on how far they are from
the center of the booklet. That way, when folded and the rough edge is
trimmed, the frames all remain the same distance from the page edge.

Mike Wickham