Tempaltes

Tue Feb 2 12:03:56 PST 2010

Mike Wickham wrote:

> I haven't seen a template, but it is possible to set up such a file in
FM.
> just tried and, though I didn't see a way to do it in master pages, I
was
> able to quickly create a 4-page fold-and-staple book:
<snip>

This manual process is not a good idea. It may be quick (sort of) for 4
pages, but it doesn't scale well. And it doesn't give you a usable PDF
with booklet-sized pages for online viewing.

As others have suggested, you should set up your master pages in FM to
be the size you want in the booklet.  Thus, if you want the pages in
your booklet to be half of legal paper size, set up 8.5 x 7" portrait
pages in FM. Create an 8.5 x 7" PDF from your FM file. And then let
either Acrobat or your commercial printer take care of the imposition
process.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.