Anchored Frame Problem

Galanter, Lea Lea.Galanter at fticonsulting.com
Mon Feb 8 13:48:56 PST 2010

Hi Framers,

I'm hoping you can help me with a small problem. I'm using Frame 9 on
Windows 7, but I've had this problem with previous versions of Frame as
well, so it's not new. When using anchored frames, I am unable to fix
the distance of the frame from the surrounding text. The online Help
indicates that the Anchored Frame dialog box has a Distance above
Baseline option, but I see no such option in that dialog box. Not sure
why Adobe says that such an option exists when it clearly doesn't. Does
anyone know where this option may really be hiding.

I did have a thought that the option may be available only when using
structured Frame, but that doesn't seem to make sense to me. I have not
yet made the transition to structured Frame - no time to transition the
old files I inherited. But while I'm on the subject, we bought
TechCommSuite 2 and I'm going to use RoboHelp to create Help files we
never had for our product - should I transition my files to structured
Frame if I'm going to link my files to RoboHelp?

TIA!

Lea Galanter

Lead Technical Editor and Writer

F T I Technology

lea.galanter at fticonsulting.com <mailto:asinclaire at attenex.com>

www.ftitechnology.com <http://www.attenex.com/>

Phone: 206-689-4438

"Jargon at its worst is partly a product of unfinished education, and if
we have more of it today, one reason is that we have more half-educated
people in a position to afflict the public with their words -- and, as
often as not, a wish to hide something." Dwight Bolinger, Language: The
Loaded Weapon 134 (1980)