OT: Frame 6 will not load

Helen Borrie helebor at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 3 22:39:27 PST 2010

At 01:26 PM 4/01/2010, Ann Zdunczyk wrote:
>A friend has a new computer with Windows XP Pro and is trying to load Frame
>6. It opens the window that allows him to select Install FrameMaker:
>
>When he gets the first install screen, he picks English.  Then he gets the
>next screen, and he picks install.  Nothing happens.  But if he leaves it
>for about 15 minutes, it eventually pops up a screen saying it is
>installing, plus it pops up a setup progress bar. But then nothing happens,
>even if he leaves it.  Windows task manager says that "Setup" and
>LgoBitmapWin are Not Responding.
>
>Anyone have any ideas why Frame will not load.

I (re-)installed Frame 6 on a fresh XP installation  (with service packs up to and including SP3 slipstreamed) a few weeks ago and it just went through the installation normally, i.e., ponderously slow like all Adobe installs but no hang-ups or errors.  The version I have installed (with no updates from Adobe accepted so far) is 6.0p405.  Mine *is* the upgrade distribution, though.

On the other hand, if you Google for "LgoBitmapWin" you will find old forum messages that describe the same problem occurring on Win98 and Windows2000 during installations of various old software packages involving the 16-bit version of Installshield, so maybe your installation disk is just too old for this day and age.  That said, one message did mention that simply ending the LgoBitmapWin process in Task Manager allowed the (temporarily hung) setup.exe to proceed.  It might work for you....

Helen