How to find "Unavailable Fonts"

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 02:27:22 PST 2010

I have come across such anomalies. Then it has had to do with imported
documents, like OLE linked Visio files or imported pdf files made on
another system (older version of M$ Windoze, usually).

I have just ignored it and everything will print OK. Never had a real
problem with it.

It seems as Windows is saying: "Gotcha! You have a different version
of Windoze installed than the file you are importing was made in. Same
font - some different connections in Registry. Your tough luck."

Don't you just like Windoze?

Bodvar

2010/1/11  <Syed.Hosain at aeris.net>:
> Hmmm ... now the console is telling me:
>
> The "Arial" Font is not available.
>  "Arial" will be used in this session.
> The "Arial" Font is not available.
>  "Arial" will be used in this session.
> The "Arial" Font is not available.
>  "Arial" will be used in this session.
> The "Arial" Font is not available.
>  "Arial" will be used in this session.
>
> Huhn?!? I know I have Arial, of course ... and if this font were not
> available to begin with, how could FM 8 say "will be used in this
> session"?
>
> So the above is quite confusing to me now.
>
> A MIF wash did not solve anything, turning off the 'missing font ...' in
> the Preferences is not allowing me to come back and re-edit the file
> without the error.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

"Life is not only a game--it is also a dance on roses."
	--Fleksnes (Rolv Wesenlund)