How to find "Unavailable Fonts"

Syed.Hosain at aeris.net Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Mon Jan 11 16:18:00 PST 2010

> Syed, are you saying the book update fails even after you open all the
files, acknowledging the prompts about font substitution?

Exactly! Yes, this is what has me stumped. I opened *all* the .FM files
(only four .FM files - two are the contents and index files that I want
to fix, only one has the missing font problem) that comprise the book,
ack'ing the substitution for two of them and still cannot do the update!

> If you have all the files open, and the book update still fails,
something very odd is going on, and it may have nothing to do with the
missing fonts. Are you getting any kind of error message (check the
Console) after you try to update? Are the time stamps of the generated
files changing when you do a book update, or do they remain unchanged?

No other error on the FrameMaker console, unfortunately!

The files do change time-stamps, so the system is writing them ...