multiple references to the same footnote?

Fei Min Lorente FeiMin.Lorente at onsemi.com
Thu Jan 28 07:55:47 PST 2010

Hi Leigh:

I have a custom XML tagset and FrameMaker 7.2, too.

You're on the right track by trying to set up a cross-reference format.
Mine is <Superscript><$elemparanumonly[Footnote]> where Superscript is
the character format that makes it so, and Footnote is the paragraph
style for the footnote.

On the EDD side, I'm using a "normal" cross-reference element, just like
I use for xrefs to table captions, sections, etc. When I insert the
cross-reference to the footnote, I select the special cross-ref format
that I created to refer to footnotes, and fill in the ID so that they're
linked. Sorry, I'm a bit fuzzy here because I'm using XRef Wizard, which
is a plug-in, so it lets me set the target and destination ID at the
same time.

So I think the bit you are missing is in the cross-reference format, not
the EDD.

HTH.

Fei Min Lorente