Acrobat 9 a disaster

Alison White aliwhite at ozemail.com.au
Sun Jul 25 17:11:36 PDT 2010

Just to thanks all who replied to my post. I must've been having one of
those Fridays, as part of the mystery is now solved.

I am working on a windows machine running XPPro 2002 SP3. When installing
Acrobat 9 (v.9.3.3-CPSID_83708), I removed all prior instances of Acrobat
and Acrobat Reader as required. However, I did leave Acrobat.com and an old
version of the Mars plug-in. I have since removed the old Mars plug-in. I
also run PitStop Professsional (08 update 5) as a plug-in for my print
productions.

The problem with my links comes from LiveCycle Designer (not Acrobat). I had
set up a link in the form as a button with a javascript click event as
follows:
xfa.host.gotoURL("http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html",
false); - this produced the pdfised version of the web page when clicked -
as if I had selected 'open weblink as a new document'. Links set up as
hypertext links work as expected - opening a new browser window. (Phew).

Browser crashing is still a problem when trying to open pdfs within the
browser. - Browsers IE 7.0.5730.11, Firefox 3.0.15, Safari 3.0.4 (523.15) so
I will try a reinstall.

Ali