Editing Multiple PDF Bookmarks

Karen Robbins karendesign at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 23:13:22 PDT 2010

Frame Gurus:

My Framemaker document contains dozens of academic subject area
sections that each contain similar headings. Those headings translate
to bookmarks when the document is converted to PDF. One such heading
is for a faculty roster. The head identified for bookmarking reads
"Professors" but the bookmark itself must read "Faculty." Since there
are about 140 of these, I'd like to be able to edit the bookmarks in
a batch. Is there a way to do this in Acrobat 9?

Conditional text in the Frame file--to substitute "Faculty" for the
current head--does not seem to be the answer here, because showing it
would create a redundancy for the reader as well as alter pagination
and text flow.

Any options?

Thank you,

Karen Robbins