SCORM

Bill Swallow techcommdood at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 07:22:39 PST 2010

> Thanks I had read that article, but was having trouble figuring out whether RH was a good tool for the job. I haven't used RH since version X3 (last help systems I did were in WebWorks), and we only got TCS2 this quarter.

It should work. You need to create basic HTML output that adheres to
the required output folder structure for SCORM. You can certainly try
WebHelp but you will need to do a lot more work to get the output to
conform to the required folder structure.

> If this is going into a client's LMS, I would need to get the client to send me the LMS communications script, right? (Bear with me...) I'm thinking if we have our own LMS but it differs from the client's LMS, I'd need to make sure what I deliver to them is customized for their LMS...

SCORM is SCORM. The LMS conforms to the format, not the other way
around. SCORM is portable from LMS to LMS. All of the communication
happens via the API.

--
Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood
Blog: http://techcommdood.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/techcommdood

Available for contract and full time opportunities.