"Toc" cross-ref markers

Menahem Rosen Menahem.Rosen at objet.com
Wed Oct 13 04:01:47 PDT 2010

When using Mif2Go to create html (chm) Help from my FM files, I have found many cross-reference links that do not work.  Upon inspection of the html source code, I see that the problematic links begin "#Ran_toc155..." instead of "an2525860.htm#Ran375..."

In the FM file, double-clicking on the x-ref displays the cross reference dialog box, showing the "Cross-Ref" marker type, and the "_toc155..." marker. Using this dialog box to change the marker type and link to the paragraph does not make a permanent change: double-clicking again on the x-ref displays the old "_toc" marker.

The only solution I have found is to delete the offending marker in the target and then create a new cross reference from scratch. The KB questions are how did the problem occur, and how can I be sure that it won't re-occur? The practical question is how can I quickly replace the offending cross references with proper ones? (Obviously, doing so manually is a very tedious task, especially since the target may be referenced by multiple cross-references in the book.)

TIA,

Menahem R.