Missing graphics links

Donald M Rinderknecht Donald.M.Rinderknecht at noaa.gov
Fri Sep 3 16:22:45 PDT 2010

  Hi Sue,

This answer is off the top of my head, so the details may not be
completely accurate!

When you first open the file and the dialog comes up asking for the
graphic and directory, toward the top of the dialog it tells you the
filename it is looking for. Browse in your moved/copied folder to look
for that graphic. Have the "update to use this path" radio button
checked and you should be ok.

Hope this helps.

Don.

On 9/3/2010 9:19 AM, smcurtzwiler at comcast.net wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm using Frame 7.2 on Windows XP
>

> I recently copied the main folder with the Frame files and the graphics folders - all together - into a new folder and changed the name on the new folder.
>
> I'm now working for a retail store chain.
>

> When I open the Frame files in the new folder, it comes up with missing graphics.  I thought as long as I copied all of the original files and graphics together at the same time, this problem would be avoided.
>

> Since I am now making another version of the same book - nearly the same info - I have also changed the name of the file in the new folder.
>
>      (I'll want to ask about Conditional text later.)
>

> I read the section in the Frame 7 Reference book (ya know, the big book).
>
> Now, how to reconnect the graphics?
>

> It seems I should click on "update to new path" - but I'm not sure what file name goes into which box.
>
> I know, this should be done with blinders on, but -- oh well,   any advice will be appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Sue Curtzwiler

Don Rinderknecht -- 405.325.2805 (Office)
Meteorologist Instructor/Developer
Warning Decision Training Branch, Norman, OK, http://www.wdtb.noaa.gov
(This message was sent from my laptop... I could be anywhere...)