Character format override

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Fri Sep 3 17:54:42 PDT 2010

On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 21:21:50 -0700, Celine Dion
<cdion at cybersource.com> wrote:

>I'm using Mif2Go to convert FM8 books to HTML.

Good choice.  ;-)

>Once in a while, I need to override the Bold character
>format (color set to as is) with a different color, which
>can have one or more words. I've been going through the
>Mif2Go user's guide and trying all the permutations that
>I think should work, but at best I get bold text with the
>HTMConfig marker. I've tried with red, #FF0000, and a
>custom blue. The color is always black.
>
>       - HTMConfig marker: [HTMLStyles]=Bold     (or =Bold "Lite Blue")

When you just use "Bold", that works, right?  The trouble
is that the color names and CSS color values are not valid
properties for [HTMLStyles].  Look at the last example in
par. 20.8, "Specifying text colors", for the right syntax,
like this for red:

[Colors]
99 = ff0000

Then use in the marker:
  [HTMLStyles]=Bold Color99

>       - config file, [Macros] section: HTMConfig=<$$HTMLStyles]Bold "Lite Blue">

That won't work at all, for lots of reasons.  ;-)

>Can anyone help?

HTH!