Java error Message when importing xml to frameMaker 8

Michael Müller-Hillebrand mmh at cap-studio.de
Wed Sep 29 22:59:45 PDT 2010

Am 29.09.2010 um 19:53 schrieb Chris Despopoulos:

> I'm guessing Maker needs Java to run
> Xerces (funny, I always assumed they used the C++ version).

Just for the record: FrameMaker does not require Java, for XML validation and transformation it uses Xerxes and Xalan in their C versions.

I suggested to the OP in the Adobe Forums that her process must include some external plug-in or script which in turn requires Java.

- Michael

Michael Müller-Hillebrand: Dokumentation Technology
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker
Consulting and Training, FrameScript, XML/XSL, Unicode
Blog [de]: http://cap-studio.de/