Error when importing Visio objects to FM 7.2

Vidhya Dharmarajan vidiraj at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 19:54:29 PDT 2011

Every time I try to import a Visio diagram(using File->import->object) into FM7.2(Unstructured), I am unable to save the file.

It throws the error:

"An internal error occurred while writing imported graphics in this document. The file has been saved, but has lost some image data. Please report this error to Adobe TechnicalSupport."

Although the error message says the file has been saved, it doesn't really save the file.

The workaround I use now is to copy the Visio diagram and paste it as a "device independent bitmap" and that works. Ideally, we would like to have editable Visio embedded in the FM document so any future changes to the diagram can be made directly into the document (rather than changing it in the graphics folder and again pasting it as device independent bitmap.)

Any inputs?

Thanks
Vidhya