FW: Responses to Can't get a pdf file from FM 10

VLM TechSubs TechSubs at VibrantLivingMinistries.org
Sun Aug 14 12:18:09 PDT 2011

I don't mean to seem disrespectful toward anyone, but with alternatives
available, why are people seemingly so committed to "getting Acrobat to
work"? Why not just use a different tool that DOES work, such as Nitro,
Nuance's PDF Creator, a couple of free variants, etc.

Or is this inquiry fatally flawed for some reason I am missing?

Best to all,
Elchanan

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Mike Wickham
Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2011 1:56 PM
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Responses to Can't get a pdf file from FM 10

Two wild stabs at your problem:

1. I recall a time when I was getting no PDF generation. It turned out that
in File> Preferences> General, I had Cross-Platform File Naming set to
Macintosh on a Windows computer, and my file name was one character too long
for the Mac 31-character (or whatever) limit. FM actually let me go through
something like four dialog boxes toward creating the PDF, but gave me no
clue while it was failing.

2. I also had problems with Acrobat X on Windows 7 64-bit. I was getting no
PDFs. It turned out that Acrobat updates, both 10.0.1 and 10.0.2 were
trashing the port setting for the Adobe PDF printer and setting it to COM1:!
It was necessary to delete Adobe PDF printer and do a repair install to fix
the issue.

Mike Wickham