How to enter Unicode Character in FrameMaker 10?

Nancy Allison maker at verizon.net
Wed Aug 24 09:00:44 PDT 2011

Hi, everyone.

I'm using FrameMaker 10 on a Windows 7 system.

I currently create a right arrow in my Frame documents by typing the ASCII registered trademark and applying the Symbol font. When I convert the file to HTML, the Symbol font drops out and it reverts to the trademark character.

I am assuming that using the Unicode character will solve this problem. (first question: do you agree?) Here's a writeup of the character:

http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2192/index.htm

Which of these cryptic codes to I use to get the character into my text? HOW do I enter the code to do this?

Thanks!