Question about some FM plugins

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Tue Feb 1 08:30:44 PST 2011

On 2/1/2011 9:10 AM, Fred Ridder wrote:
> You are assuming that the missing registration that the notice is
> complaining about is a license registration. But it could also be that
> the registration in question is an entry in the Windows Registry, or a
> registration as a FrameMaker "API Client" in the corresponding section
> of the maker.ini file. Since you're dealing with plug-ins, my guess is
> that it's the latter. And if so, a further issue is whether the API
> Client registration is in the "all users" copy of maker.ini or the
> user-specific "overlay" maker.ini.

Except that the Silicon Prairie plugins don't use API clients, and even
if they had, I had copied my my maker.ini file over to the new computer
from a working installation. So they would have already been listed in
there.

Anyway, the solution for me was to set the permissions on the previously
mentioned files. There's no need to run FM in administrator mode.

Mike Wickham