Wikis vs FM

Tim Pann TPann at telecomsys.com
Sat Jan 22 13:04:28 PST 2011

I don't know if I'm a good data point but my company, a telecom, adopted a wiki (JBoss I think) as essentially our knowledge base and it was a miserable failure. You could attach files but existing content could not be easily "ported" into the interface, and there were all kinds of things we needed it to do that it couldn't do. They abandoned it a while back in favor of Sharepoint.

So, I can't really answer your questions point by point but I can say we had a bad experience trying to put what we had into a wiki.

On the upside, I did write the user guide for it, and that was really cool. That probably doesn't help you though. :)

Tim