AW: Smart Quotes?

Reng, Dr. Winfried wreng at tycoint.com
Tue Jul 5 00:17:54 PDT 2011

Hi Michelle,

I use FrameMaker 8 and therefore do not know, how this is set up
in FrameMaker 10.

In FrameMaker 8 there is a section [Spelling] in maker.ini which lists
the hex codes for the various smart quotes for various languages.
Maybe they are not correct in your maker.ini file. Compare it with the
values of an older FrameMaker version.
The English default in my FM 8 version is:
SmartQuotes=''""

My local folder lists this for German smart quotes:
SmartQuotes=\x2c\xd4\xe3\xd2

Which fonts did you test?

Best regards

Winfried