Can not import PDF properties to book files

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Sun Jun 19 06:22:49 PDT 2011

Hi Klaus,

You wrote:

>I have a strange problem with a book containing 3 files. This happens on
>both FM-9 and FM-8 (not yet tested with FM-10).
>
>File 1 has incorrect PDF settings (wierd book marks)
>File 2 has correct PDF settings
>File 3 has incorrect PDF settings
>
>All files including the book file have gone through a MIF wash. All files
>are on local disk.
>
>1) When generating a PDF (via print or via Save as PDF) the settings have
>to be entered into the set-up dialog at every generation.
>To avoid this i want to set the properties in files 1 and 3 accordingly.
>
>2) Book file and file 2 is open. In the book file I select all files and
>import the Document Properties from file 2.
>=> settings in file 1 and 3 are still wrong.
>
>3) All files and the book file are open. In file 1 i import Document
>Properties from file 2.
>=> settings in file 1 are still wrong.
>
>I have put the files on my server: http://daube.ch/z_temp/pdf-
>problem9.zip (FM-9), http://daube.ch/z_temp/pdf-problem8.zip (FM-8) and
>http://daube.ch/z_temp/pdf-problem0.zip (FM-9, new files).
>
>I do not understand this...

I did not check your files, but you indicate Document Properties as the
category being imported, yet also mention weird bookmarks.

To import the complete PDF Setup, including bookmarks, both Paragraph
Formats and Document Properties have to be selected.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/TCS training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants