FrameMaker 10

Austin Meredith kouroo at kouroo.info
Sat Jun 25 12:27:04 PDT 2011

We're definitely not betatesters or early adopters -- there is far too much
daily work that needs to be accomplished here, using the FrameMaker software
tool, to take risks with new and unproven versions. Except of course for the
sudden and too-frequent crashes, there's not anything in particular we need to
do with FrameMaker that Version 9 seems incapable of.
 Here's our question: now that Adobe has issued its first patch for FrameMaker
10 and now that we are familiar with Acrobat X, do you imagine that it would be
unproblematic for us to upgrade from FM9 to FM10 (unstructured, for a 64-bit
environment)? And, might this hopefully lessen the number of sudden crashes we
experience per workday?