framers Digest, Vol 65, Issue 3

Chris Despopoulos despopoulos_chriss at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 00:23:31 PST 2011

You may need more RAM.  But I will say that my experience with tables shows
there's a threshold across which tables get *very* sluggish.  I've created
plugins that use tables to manage some data.  If the data set got too big, the
tables became unworkable.  I'd bet 400 pages of tables will do it.  I wonder why
you're not using a few techniques such as XML for your source, and/or a database
to manage the table data.  You could manage the data in a system that's designed
to handle that load, and then spit it into a Maker doc at pubs time.

cud