trouble installing TCS3 with CS5 DP

John Sgammato jsgammato at IMPRIVATA.com
Fri Mar 4 06:03:14 PST 2011

I have had Adobse CS5 Design Premium for some time, and am now adding TCS3. FrameMaker 10 is an upgrade from FM9, RoboHelp and Captivate are all-new to this system, and I don't know what the relationship is with TCS3's Acrobat X and CS5's Acrobat 9, or with TCS3's Photoshop and CS5's Photoshop.
It's not working. FM10 and RH9 always fail to install, but everything else seems to install OK.
I get some failure messages relating to AdobeHelp and other things that seem to be under the covers, and a number that refer to things that pre-exist without upgrade paths to the new versions, but no obvious conflicts with the main products - nonetheless it is those that fail to install.
Adobe Support has escalated this, but is still flailing about wildly three days later.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with CS5 and TCS3?

John Sgammato
Principal Technical Writer
Imprivata, Inc
Lexington, MA 02421