Font oddity

Tim Pann TPann at telecomsys.com
Fri Mar 4 07:19:59 PST 2011

Hello,

Using FM 9 unstructured on WinXP, Office 2007.

This may not be a Framemaker question, but I'm not sure where to go for
an answer and you folks are all so darned smart. :)

Helvetica, Helvetica Narrow, and Helvetica Condensed all show up on my
list of fonts in Frame (and I use Helvetica frequently). However, my
WINDOWS/Fonts folder does not contain any Helvetica fonts. What's more,
I have a little app called FontList that displays all resident fonts in
a web browser, and none of them show up there either.

The fonts are also available in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. They are
NOT showing up in Visio, Photoshop CS2, or Illustrator CS2.

Where is Helvetica coming from? I didn't buy it and I've no idea how it
got on my computer.

Thank you,
Tim

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review, forwarding, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete it and all attachments from your computer and network.