Is there a way to move graphic frames & images in micro movements?

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Thu Mar 10 23:26:34 PST 2011

Theresa,

You wrote:

>... Are there keys in Frame which I can use to move the object in
>miniscule amounts (I only know about control + mouse).

[Alt]-arrow key to move an object (or kern text) by 1 pt (at 100% zoom)

[Alt]-arrow key to move an object (or kern text) by 6 pt (at 100% zoom)

Motion is relative to the zoom level. [Alt]-arrow at 200% will move objects
by 0.5 pt, [Alt]-arrow at 50% will move objects by 2 pts.

[Alt]-[Home] to reset manual kerning of selected text

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/TCS training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants

Free webinar March 14 (10am PDT), Walkthrough: From static PDF to rich
interactive PDF