Xref page numbering not correct

Steve Nelson snelson at ambrell.com
Fri Nov 18 12:32:16 PST 2011

Hi,
I'm using FM10 and dita 1.2 template/edd.

For some reason(s), cross reference page numbering is not working.

I'm mapping all of my xml topics into dita maps, converting those dita maps
into composite fm files, adding those composite fms to a book, generating
TOC, adding front matter, etc.

In the DITA Cross-Reference dialog, I'm using the "xref" DITA element, and
the "<$paratext>" on page <$pagenum"> format.

I update the book, and generate my pdf. All of the page numbers in the cross
references are "1".

Any idea what's going on? Am I using the wrong method to generate a book?

Thank you.

Stephen Nelson
Technical Writer
Ameritherm, Inc./Ambrell